Friday, March 7, 2008

Embellisher play... Joy Unfurled


Joy Unfurled


I worked on my latest piece today using my new embellisher. It is incredibly easy to use. Not having to use misty fuse or appliqué to secure pieces I put on the surface gives me so many ideas and more options. This piece is my first so bear with me while I work out some things. One great thing is if I don't like something I can take it off very easily by just giving a little tug.
The bright blue background is a bit startling to me I am used to a darker background. The fabric actually has quite a bit of purple in it and little strands of metallic gold.
I wanted to capture the joyful feeling of getting some happy news. I will make an announcement one day soon!
I am curious to see what will happen when I take it to my machine ( George) to quilt. George can be finicky about certain things. I am not sure if I'll be able to quilt through the needle felted portions without some thread breakage. I will let it cook over the weekend and see what comes up quilting ideas.... they usually arrive when I sit down to quilt.
Tomorrow I am taking an all day class titled Painting From Your Soul with Jan Groenemann
www.groenemannstudios.com the class is intended for painters but I am taking a bunch of fabric and some paint. I am not sure what to expect but I'll let you know how it goes. I was told she is a mixed media artist and will be happy to see me and my mixed bag of supplies.
I have been reading a book titled Fearless Creating by Eric Maisel it is a good read so far I'll write more about it when I am finished.
Have a good weekend... breathe ....and if you get a chance to shake your hips... go for it!

No comments: