Friday, November 7, 2008

Catching up to My Life

Today I have been enjoying the first of 3 days off in a row. I have enjoyed a quiet day at home making soup and catching up with some cleaning that was long overdue and hope to finish over the weekend sounds like a grim way to spend time off from work but it feels good to see the surfaces in my studio again. I had intended to sit down and work on a piece that has been taunting me from my design wall since I returned from the Focus on Fiber retreat in April... yes I said April ...at this rate I can finish it when I return there this March. I sat down to do some free motion quilting on George but it was not to be the piles of shirts and scarves and fabrics were more than I could take so I got to work cleaning instead. It is nearly 3:00 pm and I am still in my pajamas soon I'll be donning artist clothes to go enjoy some time with some fellow artists. I look forward to meeting them and seeing the gallery exhibit.


Tuesday I hung my newest discharge dyed shirts along a clothesline in my front yard it was a warm sunny day and the view from my porch was wonderful. The shirts looked great hanging among the trees. I have these shirts hanging for sale in a couple local galleries and also by e-mail request. Tonight the gallery opening is at the Main Street Art Gallery in Edwardsville, Illinois. My website has the address.
That's all for today.

Thank you for the time you spent here!

Enjoy the weekend... I know I will !
Remember these are the Sweet Years and live them to the fullest!
Of course if you get the chance... dance or better yet... create the chance to dance ... shake a hip, tap a foot or nod your head in time to the music.

Bye for now! Be well!

No comments: