Friday, May 30, 2008

Trials of Living in a Damp House

I couldn't write a new post without a picture. Here is a picture of what dry looks like this is eastern Montana in late summer. My daughter took this picture and I made a piece for her for a fund raiser from it. So I would like to have something between Eastern Montana dry and Southern Illinois humid especially in my house.


The new Air Conditioner is getting installed today and the timing couldn't be better it has been really humid the past few days and my bed is very damp from the humidity.

Two nice men are hard at it already sawing and banging hammers. My big dog Gracie is quite put out because she hears them but doesn't know who they are or what they are doing. She is watching the floor with great concentration and tipping her head from side to side in listening posture. Funny dog!

I know this... damp sheets like to twist and it feels like I am sleeping in lotion which might be good for the skin but frankly I haven't noticed a big improvement.

The house smells like the poop side of a barn. I have a sensitive nose so humidity is pretty stinky especially with 2 dogs and 2 teenagers in the house.

My work doesn't glide on the surface of my sewing table in fact it sticks... A LOT!

Dancing is a lot harder when it's humid... very hard to breathe. Then my legs like to stick together and it is hard to sweat. UGH!

On the positive side cold beer tastes very good!

More storms are headed our way and the heat has arrived so it will be good to be able to turn on the AC. If all goes well tonight the house will be a lot drier.

Enjoy the day!

If you get the chance dance!

No comments: