Thursday, March 6, 2008

On Dancing


Isn't this a beautiful sky ? I took this picture from the moving car last Saturday on the way to Harrisburg to hang my show. The sky had a lot of interesting cloud patterns that will certainly show up in my work.
On Dancing...
I love the comments I am getting from people about the dancing I have been writing about and thought I'd give some more information tips to those of you who are expressing interest in doing your own dance practice.


First of all...the dancing has been wonderful! I am back in touch with my joy after a long spell of grief.
Some of you have already been to Gabrielle's site but we have some new readers here.
I have been dancing to Gabrielle Roth and The Mirrors... I start with the CD... Tribe and finish with the CD Stillpoint...Tribe has a great warm up song and then moves through the 5 rhythms and lasts about 45 minutes. Stillpoint is more a slower paced and I dance about 20 minutes to it about 60-70 total. The wonderful thing is the music has so many different parts to it so you can follow whatever rhythm feels best to you on a given day. Some days I feel like doing a quiet more gentle dance and other days I want to move like a wild woman no matter how much energy I expend I feel great when I am finished ...totally energized and ready to work. Today was a high energy movement day and still I was able to get quiet within. What a feeling that is to disappear into the music and feel that total relaxation of the mind. I love meditation and have practiced for many years but dance adds an element that is really powerful for me.
I'll never give up my all quiet moments each day... but I sure do love quieting the inner chatter with some drum beats!

If you want to know more about Gabrielle Roth and the 5 rhythms go to her website it is a work of art and the music is great. I did find that Amazon has her music ready to download and most online book sellers have audio clips so you can hear the music.


Here are some links.









Don't forget to breathe!

No comments: